Saturday, November 12, 2011

OPI Muppets Mini Nail Lacquers and Kermit the frog nail art!

Hey everyone! I've finally had a chance to sit down and do some swatching! The Muppets polishes have been out for a while now and I picked up the mini set (as well as the 6 glitters, I couldn't resist). Today I want to show you the mini set:


Left to right we have Wocka Wocka!, Excuse Moi!, Designer... de Better! and Warm & Fozzie. Excuse Moi is one of the glitters.


Wocka Wocka! shown above. This colour is very opaque and it'll glide on in one coat (I did two as my first coat showed a streaky squiggle going down my nails :-)


Above we have Excuse Moi! This is one of the six glitters of the collection but unlike the others, this has a slightly opaque base - a pink similar to that of Teenage Dream but with maybe 500% intensity! The glitter and the pink is full on and I believe this can be achieved in two coats I might have tipped the ends with a third layer to get more consistent glitter coverage. This is a little pinker than the flash shot shows so I took one without:


Pretty! The polish has small rainbow and silver glitter - with no large silver chunks like the other 5 glitters.


Here we have Designer... de Better! It's a champagne foil with micro flecks of orange. In other lighting the specks can look a bit pink. I believe this was about three coats, it was a little sheer.


Finally we have Warm & Fozzie - a little micro glitter bomb of pink, orange and yellow gold that appears to have a slight duochrome effect. I went for this one first as it looked the most interesting of the lot but it took a few coats to get a good coverage - about 3-4.

That is it for the swatches! And inspired by the box of the minis I *attempted* some Kermit the Frog nail art:


Not quite happy with it - I can never find the right greens when I need them! This has been on my to do list for a while but at least I finally had a go! Well that's all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed the swatches and let me know what colours you are interested in or have bought! Have a fantastic weekend everyone and until next time...

7 comments:

  1. I'm not a Muppet fan, but i really love your Kermit frog nail art. Looks fab!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your Kermit nails are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it! I almost didn't post them, I wasn't sure if they were 'post-worthy' :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! amazing! i love all your nail art!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...