Monday, September 12, 2011

African Sunrise Nail Art

Hi everyone, I was feeling the need to bring out the firey colours again after my firey autumn leaves nail art post. I switched reds this time and came up with an African Sunrise:


This came about because I was *trying* to do a cute sunshine post for an upcoming award post but it just didn't turn out how I wanted. I went with a rising sun instead, which reminded me of Africa. So I googled African Sunrise and found some inspiring images! Such gorgeous pictures.


It's hard to tell but I drew a tree on the left and a zebra on the right.


Amazingly enough, for such a time consuming look only four colours were required. Left to right we have Illamasqua Boosh, OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston, OPI Flit A Bit and OPI Fiercely Fiona.


I started the nails with two coats of Guy Meets Gal-veston - a jelly finish polish from the OPI Texas collection. This colour is so fabulous on its own, I was sad to cover it up!


Next I took a spare makeup sponge and covered it in OPI Flit A Bit and dabbed it all over the nails. This was VERY messy. I spent the majority of my time cleaning my fingers but it was good because it gave the nails time to dry for the next coat :-)


Using OPI Fiercely Fiona I tried sponging again. Ahh this is when my sponging went bad and I made a mess everywhere. It's not as nice as my thumb but hopefully by the end of it you won't notice :P


Next I added a black tip to each nail to represent the ground.


I then took the yellow again and drew a half circle to represent the rising sun.


Finally I drew some trees on the right very carefully and we're all done! I really wanted to draw an outline of a giraffe where the sun was but I was overcome with a painful migraine and had to go lie down :-( I hate migraines! The bf really liked what I had so far so I thought I would share with you all :-) Anyway I better go, I hope you're all having a wonderful day and I'll see you all next time!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is very nice! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of the fine level of detail. I can't even master decent dots in nail art! If you've got time could you please do a post on the tools you use and what they're for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fingers & Veronica - Thank you, I really appreciate it. I was feeling so ill when I was doing this, it didn't come out quite like I wanted. But I am very glad you like it!

    @Vita - Thank you so much. I've just done a massive blog post on my process so let me know if I'm missing anything or if you'd like me to do anything else :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...