Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cute Koala Nail Art and a kangaroo in my yard?!

Ok so I thought I would do an 'Aussie' nail art post. A couple of weeks ago a kangaroo just happened to be outside my front door which is amazing since 1) I live in a capital city and 2) I live in a built up apartment block type area. But there's a playground and long grass so I guess that makes for happy kangaroo grounds? Anyway, I was going to do draw kangaroos on my nails but they aren't nearly as cute as Koalas! So I present to you my koala nail art:


Sitting in a eucalyptus tree. Well it's not very tree-ish but you get the idea. I have had this design in mind for a while but I didn't have a grey suitable for the Koala. I went out shopping Friday night and low and behold I discovered Sportsgirl sell nail polish! The brand is Nail It! And the grey used for the koala is called 'rolling stone'. I couldn't tell looking at the bottle but the website says the formula is Formaldehyde, toluene and DBP free. Good to know. This particular grey is not a creme as I would have liked but it has a very subtle shimmer to it. Quite nice actually! I have a swatch for you below:


It's hard to tell in the swatch above but there is a very faint pretty shimmer in it, so here's a close up of the shimmer:


Quite pretty... for a grey :-)


Above is a thumb shot of the Koala nail art with Sportsgirl Nail It! Rolling Stone.


The other colours used for this look were OPI What's With The Cattitude? (base), Essie Mink Muffs/Sephora by OPI Leotard-Optional (tree trunk), Chanel Khaki Vert (eucalyptus leaves), Illamasqua Boosh (black) and China Glaze Snow (white). I believe for the thumb I experimented with a pink but I didn't use it for the rest of my nails. The thumb was the trial run and I changed up the look a little bit for the rest of the nails.


Yo what's up? Just hanging here, getting some sun. Yeah that's the neighbourhood kangaroo. Don't even need to go to a zoo, there's one in my own backyard. Cool right? Well I hope you enjoyed this look and hope you are all having a great weekend. Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Awww I love this! I can only imagine seeing a kangaroo in my back yard lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Koala mani is so freakin' cute :) I love it!
    The kangaroo seems at ease. It's quite a big one. Is it all by itself? I thought kangaroo lived in a group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Yeah he's pretty huge! I guess he's not worried about anyone taking him on :-P I've seen this one a few times nearby, never this close before but I've never seen any others with him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...