Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve Nails! Orly Witch's Blue and Tiara and holiday snaps!

Happy New Year everyone! I know I am probably posting this a little late for those of us in Australia, but I spent all day traveling yesterday. Planes + holidays = delays. Anyway, thought I'd share my NYE nails with you guys, I went on a bit of a mini Orly spending spree in Queensland so I may as well use them up!


While on holidays I spotted Orly witch's blue and decided it was too gorgeous to pass up. So I layered a bit of tiara on the end (in a simple wave like fashion) and the above was the result.


I'll be honest I'm not a 'blue' person, it must be a high school uniform trauma type thing but I do love THIS blue. Then I thought, hmm look at all that space so whipped out my Sally Hansen silver nail art pen :-P


I added some simple dotted swirls. That actually look like nines or sixes now that I think about it :-/ Haha oh well! At least I'm appropriately blinged up for NYE :-)


And since I've been galavanting all over Queensland this past two weeks, I thought I'd share some holiday snaps.


The view from my hotel room in Broadbeach Gold Coast. The one day it was actually sunny during my stay...


Gorgeous day, got very sunburnt unfortunately... looking back towards surfers above.


Cloudy but oh so hot!


Ah yes we also made our way further down to Hooters on Mermaid Beach. Onion rings, curly fries, fried pickles and chicken wings. When on holidays eat like no tomorrow right?


And to correct the Hooters we also dined at Rhubarb Rhubarb, a fantastic French restaurant. My dessert above was the Meringue roulade of berries and marscapone. OMG this was the best dessert I've EVER had. Hands down. It beat the chocolate pie and the cheese platter also served at our table ;-) And I swear there was some berry cheesecake inside @_@


Well you know how I turned into bird lady. Butcher birds, Kookaburras and yes Plovers. These are our plovers (they live on our yard and are quite friendly to us, ie the don't KILL us :-) and they had babies... again :-| They're very cute but the problem is that they grow up to be, well, plovers :-P

That's it for now! Hope you all have a fantastic and safe new years eve and I'll see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...