Sunday, November 7, 2010

MAC Mean & Green vs. Orly Space Cadet

I recently swatched the MAC nail polishes from the Venomous Villains collection. Then I spotted the Orly Cosmic FX collection and I noticed that Space Cadet was looking very similar to MAC's Mean & Green... so similar in fact that I can't tell the difference looking at the bottles:


I believe the Orly collection was available first but that said there are some interesting dupes in the Orly collection.


It really looks like an exact dupe in both the flash shot above and natural light shot below:


Even though my particular MAC mean & green has a crap brush (the bristles stick out in different directions) I would still recommend the Orly over the MAC polish due to its thinner but more consistent formula and longer brush (with a sturdier handle). Also I believe the Orly is slightly cheaper and you get 18mL/0.6Fl Oz as opposed to the 10mL/0.34 Fl Oz for the MAC. Honestly I don't know why I keep buying MAC nail polishes! That said Orly does chip easily... but so do most brands :-D

9 comments:

  1. They really do look exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what ? I have to thank you. I kept wondering about whether buying or not the MAC version and when I decided I really wanted it, it was too late (where I live anyway),so I went for the Orly version ^^
    By the way, if you have a dupe for the Bad Fairy I'll be glad to know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Hmm, after a bit of googling I found a brand I've not heard of, check out http://www.accessorize.com/illusion-pink-spice-nail-polish/invt/88003470/ Looks to be Europe only though :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm in Europe by the way ;)
    I ordered the Illusion Pink Spice and the Bronze one. I loved the Aztec shade but it is already out of stock.
    I'll send you some pics if you want, so we would be able to see if they are real dupes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice, I'm so jealous! Aztec looks good and so do all those lovely purple ones @_@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I know, these colours are great. I'll wait to see if they are as good as they look and you never know, I could send you one down under ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh tell me how they go, maybe we can do a swap of some kind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just bought Hard Candy Beetle and it looks exactly like both of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I haven't tried that one, I shall keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...