Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back from holidays... with more MAC

Long time no post! I'm back from my short trip to Perth and already back at work (hiss boo!) Did a lot of touristy things (Cottesloe beach, wineries, New Norcia, Rottnest Island) but managed to shop a little before my flight home Tuesday. I went to David Jones and found a MAC counter :-)



We don't actually have a MAC counter where I live so I was quite excited to swatch a million things. I thought it was my first MAC counter but no I've been to one in Brisbane and the Gold Coast. They are not as good as the Perth one though! I picked up Hue (glaze) lipstick, Satin Taupe (frost) eye shadow, Cranberry (frost) eye shadow and Artifact paint pot. I have been wanting Satin Taupe and Cranberry for a while. And I figured another paint pot can't hurt!

Hue is love. I personally like glaze lippies since I'm not overly into bold lip colours. They didn't have a tester for me to swatch so I had to ask, but they had plenty in stock. The lady that served me was also wooed by the colour of Hue :-)



So it comes up rubbish on my fair skin but I have darker lips so I could definitely tell the difference! The bottom one is swatched several times, and just once above it. I had to leave David Jones immediately after else I would have gotten carried away at the Bobbi Brown counter... but then again who wants to pay $50 AUD for a tiny metallic cream shadow... erm. Maybe me (sigh).

Thought I'd throw in a few photos from the Perth trip too. Margaret River chocolate factory easter selection (we didn't actually go to Margaret River this time, but we did last year and had to get more choccy!)



Next we have Black Swan winery. We didn't do any wine tasting here, we just stopped for coffee. However they had free range chooks out the back digging up dirt around the grape vines - so cute!



We also did a day trip to Rottnest Island (40 minute boat trip from Hilary's).



This was one of the marked snorkelling points. I didn't snorkel (wasn't feeling the greatest) but I'm told the snorkelling was much better than Brampton Island (where we went after Christmas). That said, the island itself has nothing on Brampton - if you really want that tropical island getaway - go to Queensland ;-) But I might be a bit biased since I grew up in Queensland :-)

Currently listening to: Lady Gaga - Bad Romance (the remixes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...